Hon. Thomas Walsh
Past AAML & Organizational PositionsChair, State Bar of Wisconsin Family Law Section (2010-2011), Wisconsin Journal of Family Law (Editor-in-Chief 2008-2010), Contributing Editor, Systems Book of Family Law (2010-2011 ).
Current PositionsBrown County Circuit Court Judge, Branch II (elected 2012), Vice-President, AAML Wisconsin Chapter, State of Wisconsin Child Support Advisory Panel (2015).
MembershipsAmerican Judges Association (since 2012), Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (since 2014), Wisconsin Bar Association (since 1993), Minnesota Bar Association (since 1992), Brown County Bar Association, Judge Robert J. Parins Inns of Court.
- Cross-examining an Expert Witness as a Guardian ad Litem, delivered to State Bar of Wisconsin CLE conference, May 15, 2009
- The Basic Maintenance Case 101, delivered to State Bar of Wisconsin 27th Annual Family Law Workshop, August 7, 2008
- Legal Ethics, sponsored by Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, delivered to CLE conference November 3, 2006
- Children's Records Law in Wisconsin, delivered to CLE conference, Green Bay, Wisconsin, February 24, 2006
- Mandatory Family Law Forms, delivered to State Bar of Wisconsin 22nd Annual Family Law Workshop, August 15, 2003
- The Practical Application of Social Work and Psychology as a Family Law Guardian ad Litem, delivered to CLE conference "Through the Eyes of a Child," November 14, 2001
- Heroin's Impact on Wisconsin's Criminal Justice System, 89 Wisconsin Lawyer 32 (Jan. 2016).
- Adults Only: Returning 17 Year Olds to Juvenile Court, 87 Wisconsin Lawyer 38 (November 2014)
- Surrogacy Law Still Uncertain, 87 Wisconsin Lawyer 28 (March 2014)
- The Law of the Family in Cambodia: Assessing Cambodia's Law on Marriage and the Family, 8 Regent Journal of International Law 137 (2012)
- Wisconsin's Undeveloped Surrogacy Law, 85 Wisconsin Lawyer 16 (March 2012)
- The Law of the Family in Vietnam: Assessing the Marriage and Family Law of Vietnam, 42 California Western International Law Journal 61 (Fall 2011)
- Advancing the Interests of South Africa's Children: A Look at the Best Interests of Children Under South Africa's Children's Act, 19 Michigan State University Journal of International Law 201 (Spring 2011)
- The Confrontation Clause After Crawford v. Washington: Clarifying the Meaning of Testimonial Statements in Criminal Trials, 85 The University of Detroit Mercy Law Review 163(Winter 2008)
- The Rise and Fall of An Archetype: Revisions to the "Wisconsin Model" Child Support Guidelines, 36 The University of Memphis Law Review 1013 Summer 2006)
- Termination of Parental Rights and the Family Law Attorney, 26 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law 106 (2006)
- Wiretapped Conversations and the Family Practitioner, 24 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law 2 (April 2004)
- In the Interest of a Child: A Comparative Look at the Treatment of Children Under Wisconsin and Minnesota Custody Statutes, 85 Marquette Law Review 929 (Summer 2002)
- The Clock is Ticking: Do the Time Limits in Wisconsin's Termination of Parental Rights Cases Serve the Best Interests of Children?, 83 Marquette Law Review 743 (Summer 2000)
- On the Abolition of Man: A Discussion of the Moral and Legal Issues Surrounding the Death Penalty, 44 Cleveland State Law Review 1 (1996)
- The Limits and Possibilities of Gun Control, 23 Capital University Law Review 3 (1994)
- Education as a Fundamental Right Under the United States Constitution, 29 Willamette Law Review 279 (1993)
- Computer Software and the Uniform Commercial Code: Are Software Transactions Covered by Article 2?, 8 Minnesota State Bar Association Computer Law Section News 22 (Summer 1991)
- No Taxation Without Representation . . . Unless Desegregation: The Power of Federal Courts to Order Tax Increases to Desegregate Schools: Missouri v. Jenkins (1991)
- The Chronology: The Documented Day-By-Day Account of the Secret Military Assistance to Iran and the Contras, Assistant Editor, Published by Warner Books (1987)